10.2.14

Heart Strings. St Valentine's Day Garland DIY

heartstring
I do love to put things on string. In fact I could write many a post about it.
There is something about their party disposition that a love. Currently I have hanging in my house pom poms on string, felt balls, bunting (of course), origami fabric butterflies, clay hearts and knitted bunting (oh yeah).
My dearest doesn't seem to mind too much, acknowledging each new addition with a side glance and a half smirk, as if to say ‘Eh, it keeps her happy.’ And it does. I love him so, and to celebrate that and all things lovey dovey, I present to you.
The Heart String.
Easily the quickest and cheapest (read free) Valentines craft about. There are two very important elements needed for this stringy delight. First, string. Now if you don’t have any string about the place, thread, twine or ribbon will do just as nicely. If you don’t have any of that either then I suggest you get your cute self down to your local string supplier and grab yourself some. Who knows when the stringing bug will bite, it is best to be prepared. The second is confidence. You need to strut yourself in to your local Bunnings, straight up to the paint chip display. Grab your colours turn to the paint counter guy shrug your shoulders like “Yeah, I need twenty different shades of red, what of it” Then mosey on out a there.
For mine I used dark red to light pink shades for an ombre effect, you could use all one colour or rainbow. You choose. I find the larger paint chips (like British Paints) better for this because there is more to work with. Draw or trace your shape on the back, then cut them out. Cut the length of string required then using a needle thread your shapes on. Hang in your desired spot and then admire your heart string.

Do you have a weakness for thing on string?

2 comments:

  1. Super-cute hearts. I also love your About Me page a lot. I KNOW, re cooking, right? So much nicer when you can just potter as you bake/make and no one is bugging or pesking about! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you liked my About Me, so hard to write. I totally need a cone of silence in my kitchen, somewhere to escape to. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I love reading your comments.