I need a cake for my lovely Mum's birthday, we all know that it is hot here, and everywhere else in our fine brown land. So turning on the oven to bake at the moment is the last thing on my wish list. Bakeries are a little sparse in town, so I will confess that I bought the sponge. Yes, from the supermarket. But I will not apologise, because it was delicious.
Between the two layers of sponge I layered lemon curd (yes, store bought too) and then whipped cream. On top was more whipped cream with more lemon curd swirled through. Then piled with raspberries and shavings of white chocolate. It was delightful and very much appreciated by the birthday girl. This is all that matters.
So tell me Are you a baker or a buyer?
It looks delicious! I love to bake, but totally understand those times when it's just toooooo hot to turn on the oven. I'm trying to learn a bit of BBQ baking for these times. But even still - every gal needs to have a recipe for supermarket staples glamed up for those moments when we're caught short of time! Great post :)
ReplyDeleteWe've been cooking dinner on the BBQ but I had never thought of baking. Please share any successful recipes. I love to give it a try. Thank you so much for visiting. xx
ReplyDeleteThat looks lovely! Nothing wrong with supermarket sponge cake. I used to make some kickass petit fours with it!
ReplyDelete