20.2.14

Little Stinkers {Natural Carpet Deoderiser}

139

I like to use natural cleaning products at home. Partly because I don't want to expose my kids to all sorts of potentially nasty chemicals. Partly because I really hate the artificial smells of store bought cleaners and partly because of the effects on the surrounding environment. But mostly because I'm cheap, although I think it is the fashion to call oneself frugal. I love being able to throw together a big batch of cleaner for cents rather than spending a bulk of our grocery bill on cleaners, that way I have more money to spend on important things like new shoes. Hooray for frugality!

From time to time I thought I would share my own recipes and tips for cleaning with natural, homemade cleaning products. Here is the first, an easy and economical natural carpet deodoriser.

Natural Carpet Deodoriser.

Fact - Children are smelly and they generally smell up anything that they come in contact with. Like my lounge room rug.

Fact - Commercial carpet deodoriser does not smell pretty and is a big waste of money.

Fact - It is super easy to make your own.

Ingredients

1/4 cup corn flour

1/4 cup bicarb soda

5 drops of your favourite essential oil. (Optional). I like eucalyptus or lemon for their fresh clean fragrance. Vanilla essence will also work.

Method

In a bowl combine all ingredients. Stirring until will combine.

Put mixture in a sieve; sprinkle the mixture evenly over the carpet. Leave it for an hour. Vacuum up well.

Do a little spot test on an inconspicuous part of the carpet if you are unsure.

You can make a bigger batch and store for later but the essential oils will lose some potency.

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! Have pinned to look at later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I love reading your comments.