12.2.14

Pitiless blue sky

081 Oh this summer has been dry. Crazy dry and hot. In the past I would deal with the heat during the day because I knew that a storm would roll in the evening and give us some precious relief. Allowing us to open up the house let the breeze blow through the net curtains. While the boys sleep in the nappies and chesty bonds we would sit out on the veranda together and watch the light show and feel the the rain misting our faces. Instead we stay inside, watching saddened by the stories of fire and drought, loss and heartbreak. The drone of our hopeless air conditioned continues well in to the night. Some reprieve so our babes can sleep. 0671 At the moment we are living like cave dwellers. Our little house is dark, blinds and doors closed. We venture out for short periods, usually in the morning before the cicadas start singing. They’re ear piercing chirp is like an alarm, warning that the temperature has reached point where you must retreat in doors. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA We have been trying to keep our call as much as possible. Trips to the pool, lots of watermelon eating. Road trips down the highway in the air conditioned car, cooking on the bbq, cold sausages for lunch. I will also be making a batch of these cucumber and mint popsicles soon. I'm  wearing my Bohemian Traders Poppy Pants alot to. How are you keeping cool?

6 comments:

  1. Love this post ..i hear you...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shani and thank you for visiting and commenting!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate this was a great post. It gives such a clear picture of where you live and what you are going through! We are expecting snow tomorrow so no problem staying cool here in Tennessee, USA. I'm in your Blog with Pip class and I'm making my way down the blog list. I will be back to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling for you right now. I think its hot here but we hardly get up to 24. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh 24 would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow! I think I may be a little jealous, we are expecting a top of 42 C tomorrow. Not sure what that is in fahrenheit , but it’s hot. So glad you popped over, look forward to checking out you blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I love reading your comments.